Saturday 14 July 2012

Buttons, buttons, more buttons

Thought i would make a couple of things with the loose buttons. First I made a sign warning about the buttons in the room. I had a delivery of thousands of buttons which had not been packed too well by supplier, there seems to be buttons everywhere, hence  the sign
  Started packing a few of the buttons for sale at the craft centre.

Then I decided to make a button garland
I threaded buttons on to jute twine to make a button garland, made loops at each end to hang it up, then I pinned photos on using the chalkboard pegs that I had made. Think I will use ribbon in place of the jute next time.

Next I made a button Pin board.
Using a cork pin board that i bought from a pound store, I painted the edges with acrylic paint, then
 glued buttons on randomly with HiTack glue.
The message along the top was put on freehand with a Sakura Micron Pigma pen bought off Ebay. I dotted the ends of each letter with acrylic paint using a wooden barbecue skewer.  
Using the HiTack glue again I glued a button on the end of the pins that were
 supplied with the board.
Glue and buttons for sale in our store.
I did look at this and thought that I could have added shells in the place of the buttons to make a seaside theme, perhaps another day.
Boards that we have decorated are on sale at Curborough Craft Centre 

No comments:

Post a Comment