Saturday 14 July 2012

Sewing Room

       I made these as samples for our  sewing room theme workshops to be held at
    Curborough Craft Centre                   

  Sewing Room Wreath

The wreath is a 20cm wicker wreath which we will be listing on our website soon.
The dress form is cut from thick card using a Tim Holtz die. I put a piece of wood dowelling on the back to strengthen it. After edging the dress form with Tim holtz vintage photo distress ink I glued  it to the wreath.
A simple fabric yoyo was added with a button in the centre. Yoyo's are circles of fabric with running stitches sewn around the edge and gathered up tightly. the button hides any rough edges. For a neater edge you can turn fabric edge in before sewing .
I then glued sewing themed buttons and embellishments on to the wreath.
a few inches of tape measure ribbon which I had tea dyed made a good hanger.

 Sewing Room Door Hanger

I made the door hanger in the same theme as the wreath.
Using a plywood door hanger available from our store,I base coated it in antique white acrylic paint.
I then edged it with Distress ink.   After edging the card dress form I glued it to the door hanger with tacky glue.A small fabric yoyo was added.Some tiny tiny buttons that I had were glued around the neck ,
The images were stamped on randomly using stamps that I had as a free gift with a copy of Crafts Beautiful magazine Not being the best stamper. I made a couple of smudges so I added a few sewing theme buttons to cover them up Using my favourite Sakura Micron Pigma Pen I wrote sewing room and finished the writing with dots on each letter. Then the hanger was finished off with faux stitches round the edges.
 

More packing to do, good thing I love buttons

No comments:

Post a Comment