Friday 20 July 2012

Have a Heart.

I have had a couple of days off this week, it was my birthday so I thought I would have a rest and re-charge my batteries.

  Back working today, base coating wooden hearts of different sizes.
I always use cheap kitchen sponges to paint with. You can get a pack of 20 at £1 shops.cut each sponge in to 6 or 8 pieces then you can throw them away after use. I have watched people at classes wash them, They absorb that much paint it takes so long to get them clean and makes so much mess in the sink that I find it better to put them in the bin.
Using acrylic paint wipe a coat of paint on to heart, when dry dip a piece of sponge into colour paint of your choice, rub most of the paint off .

 Dab the sponge around the edge of heart.
 I always use a Sakura.Micron Pigma pen to write a name or message. Dotting each letter with acrylic paint..
You can also use rubber stamps, the get well soon hearts in the picture were printed using a rubber stamp.
I add the faux stitches , running stitch or blanket stitch with the pen.
Here are some ideas to use the hearts


Wedding favours

Welly pegs



Wall hanger with stamped image.

Hanging heart with dotted flowers..
I love doing the dip dot flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment