Saturday 14 July 2012

Heart Chalkboards

With all the rain we are having it has given me time to stay inside and  play in the workshop.

Have kept myself busy making more stocks of small chalkboard pegs. I use the 38mm wooden hearts and circles. spray them with chalkboard paint, I used to spend ages hand painting them, but have found the spray paint works out very reasonable when you are making a lot.
When paint is dry glue a 45mm peg on the back . I like to use HiTack glue
They make great clips,tags, hangers etc...
I also like to make larger heart signs, After painting drill holes and thread ribbon, wire or jute through and hang on wall, doors, cupboard knobs etc...
You can also make into fridge magnets by gluing a magnet on the back of heart.
 I like to paint washing size pegs with polka dots and add a heart. Tie ribbon on to peg and tie chalk on other end.
These are all good sellers at craft fairs and school / church sales. they make lovely gifts for family and friends.
The finished chalkboards will be for sale at
The Arches Gift Shop.Curborough Craft Centre, Lichfield. Staffordshire WS13 8ES
Wooden hearts,circles and pegs available from our website www.creativecraftparts.co.uk



No comments:

Post a Comment