Friday 13 July 2012

Miss Buttons

Today I would like to show you Miss Buttons....my button jar

I painted a large wooden head ball with acrylic flesh coloured paint,it dries very quickly and i dip dotted the eyes using the handle end of a paintbrush dipped into black paint .When the black was dry I dipped a thinner paintbrush handle into white paint and highlighted the eyes.  Using an old cake makeup I rubbed it on to form the cheeks. I drew a simple mouth and eyelashes with a Sakura Micron Pigma pen.Using Americana Sealer I gave it a simple spray to seal paints.
     The fabric was from my stash, I ripped a strip of fabric and put running stitches along the long edge and gathered the stitches tightly joining at the back to make a skirt.. Then i threaded a few buttons on to embroidery thread to imitate arms.
I used my glue gun to glue the fabric to the jar lid.
Laying the embroidery thread across the fabric with buttons hanging down to look like arms. I then glued the head on to top.
To make the hair I cut a bundle of wool and tied it in the centre and glued it to top of head with glue gun.
Adding a few buttons to the turned back brim of the hat, I then glued the hat on the head.
Simple, but it makes me smile when i look at it.
I might make a family of them.
We sell the hats and wooden beads in our store.

I have always loved buttons and have been making them into dolls for years.Here are some button dolls that I had featured in Crafts Beautiful magazine in July 2001,  yes 11 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment