Sunday 15 July 2012

Dog sitting

I have been quietly playing crafts on the dining room table today whilst I have been dog sitting 
I did manage to make another small sewing doll decoration.
The workshops are sewing themes at the moment so I am trying out ideas recycled from my past projects.
I have been making the larger button dolls for the past 11 years but the suppliers of the wooden body cones have stopped making that size, we have lots of other sizes on our website.
The makers of the mini curl hair have now closed down, we have a small amount left.
I have tried other makes of doll hair but they are not as good.Will keep looking.
The small doll was made with a 5cm cone, was a bit fiddly so will not be making any more.
Have sat her on wooden block offcuts, painted and decorated with sewing theme buttons and embellishments


The little doll looks as though she has chickens feet and I did not realise until I had taken the photo that I had forgotten to add the faux stitches to the rest of the blocks.
Oh well a work in progress!!

Here is a picture of Freddie and Honey.
A quiet moment.

Charging round the garden.
Honey the basset hound comes to stay when my son and his wife go out.
Luckily the dogs get along great

No comments:

Post a Comment